Thursday, July 26, 2007

Little trick in the user account details of Active Directory

registered the dll file acctinfo.dll for extra information for a user. Did the following

 "regsvr32 %systemroot%\system32\acctinfo.dll"

This creates a new tab in the user properties called "Additional Account Info"

I find it useful to check when a user has last logged in to the server. Since none of the windows users login to the domain in my office (they dont believe in windows AD stuff nor do I find it worthwhile as there are convinence and double the troubles at the same time.), I use this to findout when some one has logged into the pptp vpn (RRAS) last and I can tell my manager that those who claimed to be working from home are not working and indeed they use the company laptop for entertainment purpose ....

No comments: